Huawei is already working on its latest custom UI skin called EMUI 11 for a long time now. Moreover, this Android 11-based EMUI 11 may be in the final stage of development as the company is preparing for its official debut at the HDC 2020 event. Most of the Huawei users wondering whether their device is eligible for the upgrade or not? The same question is also running in the minds of Huawei P30 Pro users. To clear their doubts, here we have a quick article on Huawei P30 Pro EMUI 11 / Android 11 update release date, and features.
Will my Huawei P30 Pro get EMUI 11 / Android 11 Update?
Huawei is one of those smartphone brands which gives priority not only to its latest devices but the old ones too. Thus, the Huawei P30 Pro being a one and half-year-old device still qualifies to the latest Android 11-based EMUI 11 update.
The Chinese smartphone maker still doesn’t reveal the official list of Huawei phones eligible to get the EMUI 11 update. However, this assumption of the P30 Pro receiving the Android 11 update is made according to the update cycle and hardware. EMUI 11 will be the second biggest update for the device since its official debut in March last year. Huawei rolled out the Android 10-based EMUI 10 update for the P30 Pro last year.
Eligible Huawei P30 Pro Versions: VOG-L29, VOG-L09, VOG-L04 (Global); VOG-AL00, VOG-AL10, VOG-TL00 (China)
Huawei P30 Pro EMUI 11 (Android 11) Release Date
Huawei is all set to announce the EMUI 11 at the Annual Developer Conference 2020. It is a three-day event that is scheduled from September 10, 2020, to September 12, 2020. Soon after the announcement, Huawei will also reveal the EMUI 11 beta and stable rollout plan. Considering the previous update plans, the Huawei P30 Pro may receive the stable EMUI 11 (Android 11) update in Q1 2021.
EMUI 11 Features
Huawei still doesn’t give a single hint about the features of its upcoming EMUI 11 OS. However, we managed to get our hands-on to the list of expected features and improvements that we should see with the upcoming Android skin from Huawei. Koko, a moderator on Huawei’s Consumer forum shared this list.
- Improved GPU Turbo – probably an updated version or further performance updates
- Improved One-handed mode – better operation even with one-hand navigation/use
- Improved Gestures – gesture controls have been very useful between EMUI 10 and 10.1, further enhancements should bring more functionality and ease of use for most users.
- Improved Dark Mode – dark mode currently has a limited feature set. Can only be switched On and Off with app compatibility. An ALL APPS and SETTINGS dark mode would make it really interesting
- Easy File-Sharing – Huawe’s ONE HOP, Huawei share, and multi-screen collaboration are great additions since EMUI 10. File Sharing to more Huawei devices and even none-Huawei devices should make for a great update.
- Improved Security – everybody wants a secure device. Huawei is making sure this is further improved and that we users get top security when using our Huawei devices.
- An improved airplane mode – the system/phone will check whether Bluetooth is in use and will not turn the radio off when switching to airplane mode
How to Download Android 11 update on Huawei P30 Pro:
Like always, the Android 11 update for Huawei P30 Pro will be released via OTA in a phase-wise manner. As it is a major upgrade, the update size will be pretty hefty. Thus, it is advisable to download the update using Wi-Fi to save mobile data. Stay tuned as we’ll update with the official steps to manually download and install the EMUI 11 firmware in the P30 Pro.
Huawei P30 Pro Specifications
When it comes to the specifications, the Huawei P30 Pro comes with a 6.47-inch FHD+ OLED HDR Display with DCI-P3 Color Gamut. It runs on Android 9 Pie-based EMUI 9.0 OS out-of-the-box. Under the hood, there is a Kirin 980 processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU. It offers 8GB of RAM and comes in three storage variants – 128GB/256GB/512GB.
The device sports a Leica quad-lens camera with a 40-megapixel RYYB sensor, a 20-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, an 8-megapixel sensor with a telephoto lens for 5x loss-less zoom with a periscope and a ToF depth-sensing camera. The P30 Pro also has a 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom. It can capture low light photos with up to ISO 409600. There is also a 32-megapixel camera on the front. It packs a 4200mAh battery with Huawei SuperCharge fast charging.
Are you a Huawei P30 Pro user? Do share your experience regarding the Android 11 update in the below comment box.