Huawei Watch GT 2e, the latest fitness wearable from Huawei has started receiving a new firmware update. It is the May 2020 firmware update bringing the version 220.127.116.11. The update is about 17.56MBin size and released via the Huawei Health app. For all those users upgrading the Huawei Watch for the first time, here we have a detailed tutorial on how to download and install the latest firmware update on Huawei Watch GT 2e.
The latest firmware update v18.104.22.168 brings features like auto-detecting sports mode, remote camera shooting (supports with Huawei phone running on EMUI 10.1), and optimizes system performance. Talking about the remote camera shooting, one can take pictures directly through the Huawei Watch GT 2e without actually clicking the shutter button on the EMUI 10.1 device. Isn’t it cool? All you have to do is tap on the camera symbol on your watch and set the timer to 5 seconds or leave it to default i.e. 2 seconds.
Download & install the Firmware update on Huawei Watch GT 2e
Before starting the update procedure, make sure to fulfill the following pre-requisites –
- Although, after transferring the update to your watch you need to wait for some time till the installation is successfully completed.
- Make sure the battery level on your Huawei Watch GT 2e is more than 40%. This helps to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the update process which may end up with a brick.
- Your smartphone should be continuously connected with the watch via Bluetooth connectivity.
- In case, if the upgrade fails you need to try again.
- Your smartphone should have internet connectivity for downloading the firmware package.
How to update Huawei Watch GT 2s:
1. Launch the Huawei Health app.
2. Select ‘Devices’.
3. Now you need to select the device name.
4. Choose ‘Firmware update’.
5. Your device will automatically start searching for the latest software update.
6. Download & install the firmware by following the on-screen instructions.
Huawei Watch GT 2e was launched alongside the Huawei P40 series back in March this year. The wearable sports a 1.39-inch (454 x 454 pixels) AMOLED touch display, powered by Kirin A1 chip, and run on the company’s own Lite OS. It offers 4GB of storage for storing music.
Huawei Watch GT 2e is the company’s first wearable to come with a blood oxygen saturation (SPO2) monitoring feature. There are also other health-tracking features including heart rate monitoring, abnormal heart rate reminders, pressure level monitoring.
The watch supports 15 professional workout modes including eight outdoor activities (running, walking, mountain climbing, hiking, trail running, cycling, open water swimming, triathlon), seven indoor activities (walking, running, cycling, pool swimming, free training, elliptical machine, rower).