Huawei announced the Huawei Y9s with a 6.59-inch FHD+ display, Kirin 710F, triple rear cameras, and a 16MP pop-up selfie camera last year. This smartphone was also announced to some European markets as Huawei P Smart Pro. The device was announced running on Android 9 Pie-based EMUI 9.1 out of the box. Today, the company has started rolling out a new software update for Huawei Y9s. It is none other than the major Android 10 update.
Yes, Huawei Y9s starts receiving the Android 10-based EMUI 10 update via OTA (over-the-air). It is about 3.5GB in size and brings the build version 10.0.0.191(C185E3R2P1). Huawei Y9s [STK-L21, STK-LX3, L22] users will soon see a notification prompt on the screen asking to download and install the firmware.
EMUI 10 is built on top of Android 10 bringing a major change in the overall UX design with a magazine-style UI layout. Apart from this, the update also comes with Dark Mode, New Animations, Morandi Colors, Gesture Navigation support, GPU Turbo, Phone Clone, and more.
Also – EMUI 10 – List of Top Features
Download and install the Android 10 / EMUI 10 update on Huawei Y9s
As usual, the EMUI 10 update for Huawei Y9s is happening batches. This might take a couple of days or even a week to appear on your device. If you’re unable to see update notification even after a release or you don’t have enough patience to wait for OTA update, then following are the quick steps to request the update manually.
Before we take you to the update procedure, do fulfill the following pre-requisites –
- This guide is compatible with all models of Huawei Y9s [STK-L21, STK-LX3, L22]
- Bootloader should not be unlocked of your device nor the root access.
- There should be enough battery so that there is no unnecessary power-off during the update procedure.
- Although the update process is free from data loss, we advise you to create a backup of all your important files. This helps to restore data if any data loss occurs.
- Download and install the HiCare app on your device.
- Download and install the HiSuite app on your PC.
Installation: There are three methods to update Huawei Y9s to the Android 10 software. You can choose anyone which you think simple for you. Tap the below button for all the methods.
Download and Install Android 10 on Huawei Y9s
I hope the above guide was useful in upgrading Huawei Y9s to Android 10. Further, check here to see whether Huawei Y9s is eligible for the Android 11 / EMUI 11 update or not?