Huawei Mate 9 starts receiving new Nougat firmware update via OTA. It brings the version B183 and also adds Amazon Alexa cloud-based voice service along with the update. It also brings fix to the significant bugs and includes March security updates. Though the update is rolled out via OTA, many users still doesn’t received it. So, here we have shared guide on how to manually update Huawei Mate 9 to B183 Amazon Alexa firmware.
To remind you, Huawei Mate 9 is the company phablet launched back in November 2016 for the global smartphone market. It is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage which can be expandable up to 256GB via microSD card. It features a 5.9-inch larger touchscreen display with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolutions. It also comes with a Dual 20MP + 12MP rare camera and 8MP front camera and has a 4000mAh non-removable battery support on the back. Also how to install TWRP recovery & root Huawei Mate 9
So if you wanted to enjoy Amazon Alexa on your Huawei Mate 9 device, then do scroll down and follow the step-by-step procedure.
- The following firmware is compatible only with Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29 variant, don’t try to flash on any other model.
- Perform backup of all your important data like contacts, messages, and apps.
- Make sure the device is well charged enough before starting the update process.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options.
Install B183 Amazon Alexa Firmware on Huawei Mate 9:
1. Download update.zip file from the following link and save to your computer.
2. Create a folder “dload” to the root of the device SDcard storage.
3. Connect the device with PC using a USB cable and copy the update file to “dload” folder.
4. Open dial pad type “*#*# 2846579#*#*”.
5. Select software upgrade > SDcard upgrade > confirm the installation.
6. Flashing process will starts on your device. Once done, the phone automatically reboots.
You may also like: Download Huawei Mate 9 Android 7.0 Nougat B156 update
Start enjoying Amazon Alexa update features on your Huawei Mate 9.