EMUI 5.0/5.1 is the latest update rolling out to various supportive Huawei & Honor smartphones. The Emotion UI 5.0 is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and is currently rolled out via OTA. Of all the devices, Honor 6X is the latest device in the list to get the EMUI 5.0 update. Recently, Huawei confirmed that it will soon release Android 7.0 Nougat to Honor 8, Honor 5C, and Huawei P9 users in India. You can also check here for a list of Huawei/Honor phones eligible for EMUI 5.0 update.
Many of you who already received the OTA update will be enjoying the new firmware. But there are some users who currently having issues while updating via OTA. For all those users, here we have a simple guide on how to manually install the latest EMUI 5.0/5.1 firmware on any Huawei/Honor device. This procedure will be much handy when you’ve flash custom ROM or any beta ROM on your Android smartphone.
Before we take you to the flashing procedure, do have a look at the following EMUI 5.0 update highlights.
EMUI 5.0 Features & Changelogs –
- New frameworks elements, like spinner, buttons and pop-up windows, inspired by EMUI 5
- A new dialer, resembling the one used by EMUI 5
- New incall-UI elements
- Redesigned backup app
- Some new action bar icons in the Settings menu
- New settings icon in the notification panel
- Changed “Search for updates” in the updater app
- WhatsApp & Spotify icons now match other icons
Before starting the flashing process, make sure you’ve backup everything and also charge your device at least 50% to avoid unnecessary power-off.
Guide to Flash EMUI 5.0/5.1 Nougat ROM on Huawei/Honor Smartphones
1. Firstly, go to Huawei Official firmware website and download the appropriate update.zip package.
2. Now you need to unzip the firmware package.
3. Connect your Huawei device with PC and copy the update.app file. Make sure to copy the file under ‘dload’ folder of your phone’s SD card. If there is no such folder, you need to create now.
4. Next, turn off your phone and switch it on by holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together (release buttons when you see Huawei logo).
5. The flashing will now begin and once that is done, your device will reboot automatically into the new firmware.
Note: The first boot might take more time than usual since it has to initiate everything. Hence we suggest you stay patient with the same.
That’s it! You have successfully installed EMUI 5.0 latest firmware on your Huawei/Honor Android phone. For any kind of queries, do leave a comment below and also stay tuned to Huawei Advices for more tutorials like this.