Flash official stock firmware on Huawei phones through HuRUpdater: Like Xiaomi, Huawei phones also runs on its own custom skin i.e. the EMUI based on Android. Currently, Huawei has released EMUI 9.0 update for its range of supportive devices. Many of you might have already upgraded to latest version of EMUI, but there are users who still waiting for the OTA update (List of EMUI 9.0 Eligible Devices). The only reason behind these devices not receiving official OTA update is flashing of custom ROM or unlocked bootloader. In a simple word, Huawei stops OTA updates for its devices whose bootloader is unlocked. But, there is no need to worry about as here we have shared a simple tutorial to flash stock firmware on any Huawei / Honor phone via TWRP Recovery with HuRUpdater tool.
HuRUpdater is a tool developed by XDA senior member “zxz0O0” which let you flash any stable or beta version of EMUI firmware on Huawei or Honor devices. The tool is still in beta version (may contain bugs for some device). The tool patch official “update.zip” file to install directly via TWRP recovery mode. To flash official firmware with this tool, users first need to unlock bootloader and flash custom recovery like TWRP on their device. It supports most of the EMUI phones including Honor 7X, Huawei P20, P9 Lite, Honor 8 Pro, Mate 10, Honor 10, and more.
Without much ado, check out the below pre-requisites and then we’ll directly take you to guide on How to Install Official Huawei Firmware with HuRUpdater.
Features of HuRUpdater Tool:
- Flash official firmware zip files.
- Can detect if firmware locks bootloader.
- Can detect if firmware wipes data.
- The following guide is compatible with each and every Huawei / Honor smartphone.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device. (Complete Guide)
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader of your device. You can follow our simple guide on how to Unlock Huawei Bootloader.
- There should be enough battery level on your device to perform the flashing process.
- Download specified firmware for your device.
- HuaweiAdvices should not be held responsible for bricking or damage occurs to your smartphone.
Download HuRUpdater Latest Version:
Steps to install official Huawei EMUI firmware with HuRUpdater
1. Download the latest version of stock firmware files for your device (for official firmware use Huawei Firmware Finder).
The following are the supported zip files to flash (name must match) –
- update.zip (use FullOTA file)
2. Now you need to copy all the above firmware zip files to a separate new folder on your EMUI smartphone.
3. Download the latest version of HuRUpdater zip from the above download section and save it to the same folder where you have placed the firmware files.
4. Optional: Put recovery.img in the same folder if you want to keep custom recovery.
5. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery Mode. You can also check How to Boot Huawei Phones into TWRP Custom Recovery.
6. Once you’re in the recovery mode, you need to tap on ‘Install’, select the HuRUpdater zip file and swipe at the bottom to flash.
7. Wait until the flashing process is completed. Once done, you need to reboot your device.
That’s the simple tutorial to install official Huawei EMUI Firmware using HuRUpdater. If you find any difficulty during or after the flashing process, do let us know in the below comments.
You may also like:
- How to Flash Stock Firmware on any Huawei Phone using TWRP Recovery
- How to Flash Stock Firmware on any Huawei/Honor Smartphone [Standard Method]
- How to Root Huawei EMUI Phones with Magisk