Wanted to remove pre-installed apps from your Huawei smartphone? Then you’re at the right place. Here we have step-by-step guide on How to Uninstall / Remove bloatware and preinstalled Android apps from your Huawei & Honor devices.
Not every pre-installed app on your Huawei smartphone will be useful for you. Sometimes you want to remove these apps from your device thereby improving device performance and free up internal storage. These preinstalled apps which can’t be deleted are called Bloatware. With our below tutorial, EMUI users can easily uninstall, delete, or disable preinstalled apps and bloatware. The method to uninstall system apps for Huawei / Honor devices is pretty much similar to that of every Android device.
- This system apps uninstallation procedure is compatible with each & every Huawei /Honor smartphone. Make sure not to try this on any other OEM smartphone.
- Make sure to setup ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC from the following link.
- Ensure you have enabled USB Debugging mode from Settings.
- Although the process is free from data loss, we advise you to perform backup of all your important data to a safer place.
Find the right Package Names for System Applications
To remove system apps from Huawei or Honor phones, you need to know exact name of the package of an app you wish to uninstall. Although ADB command display the list of packages but it’s hard to find out apps placed under their respective packages. To make thing simple, you need to download and install a third-party Android app called “App Inspector”. This will show list of all installed apps on your device. Then you need select the app which you want to uninstall thereby taking you to the package name. Simply note download the package name and then follow the below procedure to remove bloatware and preinstalled apps from Huawei / Honor phones.
How to Remove Bloatware and Preinstalled apps from Huawei / Honor devices
1. Firstly, you need to connect your device with PC using a standard USB cable. Make sure to choose MTP file transfer after connecting device.
2. Go to ADB installation folder and launch command window. To do so, you need to press Shift + right click anywhere in the folder.
3. Enter the below command to confirm the device has been detected by the PC.
If you see a serial code on the screen means that the device has been successfully connected to PC.
4. Next you need to give another command –
5. In order to uninstall a package, enter the below command and hit enter.
pm uninstall -k –user 0 <name of package>
Make sure to replace “name of package” with the actual package name in the above command.
That’s it! You will see a success message stating that the apps package has been successfully removed. Before selecting package to remove, always remember not to uninstall system launchers, telephony, or any other similar kind of applications which might result in an unusable phone. In case, you need to re-flash stock firmware to revert back all those system applications.
App & Packages List
Do refer the following link for list of packages categorized accordingly to their importance in the proper functioning of your EMUI device. This list has been compiled by XDA junior member RedSkull23, so all credits goes to him.