In this guide, we’ll help you to root Honor 5X and install TWRP custom recovery. Rooting of Android device unlocks additional advantages like installation of Custom roms, Mods, root-only apps, and many more. Users can also tweak their current ROM like changing the interface, installing custom themes and also change appearance of battery level indicator.
If you wanted to enjoy all the above things on your Huawei Honor 5X, then do follow the below step by step rooting procedure. Also how to update Honor 5X to Android 7.1 Nougat firmware
- The guide works only with Honor 5X. Don’t try to install on any other Huawei Honor model.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed on your mobile.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable ‘OEM Unlocking’.
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 75%.
- Unlock Bootloader – Guide
- Backup all your important data by downloading third-party backup app from Google Play Store.
- Install Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Rooting of your device voids company warranty. It may also end with a brick if doesn’t follow the steps accordingly. Huawei Advices should not be held responsible for any damage occurs to your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 5X
1. Download Honor 5X TWRP Recovery from the link here (https://www.devfiles.co/download/Zo5WsTgd/twrp-3.1.0-0-kiwi.img) to your computer.
2. Rename the file to twrp.img and transfer it to fastboot folder.
3. Take a USB cable and connect the Honor 5X to PC.
4. Now you need to open Command window inside the ADB folder. To do so, press and hold the shift key and right click inside the folder at the empty space and select Open command window here.
5. In the command window, give the first command:
adb reboot bootloader
Now your device boots into Fastboot Mode.
6. Give the following command to flash TWRP Recovery.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
7. Once the TWRP recovery is installed, enter the below command to boot the device into normal mode.
That’s it! TWRP Recovery has been successfully flashed on your Honor 5X smartphone. Now you need to follow the below steps to gain root access.
Root Honor 5X
1. Download SuperSU Root file to your computer.
2. Connect your Honor 5X to your computer using the USB cable and copy the above root zip file to your internal storage.
3. Now you need to turn off your mobile and boot into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons together.
4. Once you’re in the recovery mode, tap on “Install” and select the SuperSU zip file from device storage.
5. Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Siwpe to Confirm Flash” option.
6. After successful flash, select Reboot System option to reboot your device.
7. Check the root permission by downloading “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.
8. Congratulations! You have successfully installed SuperSU on your Honor 5X device.
For any queries, do use the below comment box.