Huawei P10, one of the most powerful Huawei device now can be easily rooted with SuperSU. It is a one-click root tool without using computer. The device runs on official Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with Huawei’s Emotion UI 5.1 on top. So, here we’ll be rooting the Huawei P10 on Android Nougat firmware.
Before starting the rooting process, here is the list of pre-requisites you need to fulfil –
- This root method tutorial is only for Huawei P10. Please don’t try this on any other phone.
- Perform backup of all your important data including SMS, Contacts, Media files, Call Logs, App data and other files. You can also use third-party backup app by downloading from Google Play Store.
- Unlock Bootloader on your Huawei P10. (Complete guide)
- Make sure you have installed TWRP Recovery on your device.
- Charge your device well enough to avoid unnecessary power-off between the rooting process.
Disclaimer: Rooting of your Huawei P10 voids company warranty. It may also result in a brick if doesn’t followed the steps accordingly. We (Huawei Advices) should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device.
Root Huawei P10 with SuperSU
1. Download SuperSU Root (https://www.devfiles.co/download/9ZiDEH7a/superuser-r275.zip) package to your computer.
2. Take a USB cable and connect the P10 device with PC.
3. Now you need to copy the root file to your internal storage. Make sure the file is in the root folder of device storage.
4. Disconnect the device from PC.
5. Turn off your mobile and boot into TWRP Recovery mode. To do so, you need to press and hold Volume Down + Power button simultaneously.
6. Once you’re in the recovery mode, choose “Install” from main menu and select the SuperSU zip file which you copied to device storage.
7. Next swipe on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” to start the installation process.
8. Once done, you need to select “Reboot System” button to boot your device into normal mode.
Now you have Huawei P10 with root access. You can manually confirm root status by downloading an app called “Root Checker” from Google Play Store.