Hello readers! Today, we are back with another tutorial which lets you install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P9 Lite Mini (SLA-L02). TWRP recovery and root access are the popular stuff users looking to make their Android smartphone most of it. TWRP is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. With this recovery installed, one can perform several tasks including installation of custom ROMs, Mods, Kernels, Root, and backup/restore ROM.
Rooting Huawei P9 Lite Mini unlocks several other benefits like installation of root-only apps, boost your phone performance, and perform several other customizations. Rooting is a simple task where users need to flash Magisk zip via TWRP recovery. It’s important to perform root in a very careful way, anything goes wrong may result in a brick.
Before we take you to the actual procedure, let’s have a quick overview at the pre-requisites needed for rooting your Huawei P9 Lite Mini.
Related: Huawei EMUI 9.0 Android 9.0 Pie Update – List of all supported devices
- This TWRP / rooting procedure is compatible only with Huawei P9 Lite Mini (SLA-L02). Don’t try on any other Huawei/Android smartphone.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked. Follow our guide on how to unlock bootloader of Huawei phones.
- Charge your phone at least 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off inbetween the rooting procedure.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot tool on your Windows.
- Backup all your data to a safer location
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices should not held responsible for bricking or damaging of your device. Always, proceed at your own risk.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P9 Lite Mini
1. Download the TWRP Recovery for Huawei P9 Lite Mini from above download section.
2. Rename the file to twrp.img and transfer it to fastboot folder.
3. Go to Fastboot folder and launch command window. To do so, you need to press and hold the Shift key and right click anywhere inside the folder and choose Open command window here.
4. Now follow our simple guide on how to install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot from here.
Once TWRP recovery is installed on your Huawei device, you’re all set to flash magisk zip to gain root access. Follow the below steps for the same.
How to Root Huawei P9 Lite Mini
Here is the guide on how to root Huawei P9 Lite Mini smartphone. Make sure to download Magisk to root your smartphone.
Full Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P9 Lite Mini. For any queries or issues during the rooting procedure, feel free to comment below.