Huawei Honor 5X is one of the most successful affordable smartphone in the Honor series. Many of you might already own this device. In this guide, we’ll help you to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Honor 5X smartphone.
Unlocking bootloader gives options to make the device most of it by installing TWRP recovery which interns let you bring root access to your Android smartphone. It also opens the way to flash various custom ROMs based on latest Android operating system. These ROMs brings several new features that are missing on your stock ROM.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed on your mobile.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable ‘OEM Unlocking’.
- Charge your handset up to 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off during the unlocking process which might brick your device.
- Make sure you’re on EMUI 4.1.
- Backup all your important data by downloading third-party backup app from Google Play Store.
- Install Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Unlocking bootloader voids company warranty completely. Understand the risk and proceed at your own interest.
Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 5X
Get Bootloader Unlock Code
1. Go to Huawei’s unlock website and login to your account. If you don’t have an account yet, do sign up now.
2. Go to Downloads and select Unlock Bootloader.
3. In the next screen, you need to fill a form with all the information you wrote down in the above section.
4. Click on “Commit”.
5. You’ll see a unlock code being displayed. Just note-down the code as it will be useful in the below steps.
Unlock Bootloader using ADB
6. Now you need to connect the device with PC using a standard USB cable.
7. Open the command prompt and give the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
8. Your device reboots and enter into bootloader mode.
9. Finally, give the below command to start the bootloader unlocking process.
fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
Note: Make sure to enter the unlock code which you have obtain in Step 5 at the place of [unlock code].
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Huawei Honor 5X. Your device will automatically resets and all your data will be erased. You can also follow our simple guide on how to Unlock Huawei/Honor Bootloaders
If you face any difficulty during bootloader unlock process, do let us know in the below comment box as we’re always there to help you out. Also share the post with your friends and relatives on Facebook using the below social buttons.
How long should it take? Because the command prompt has said waiting for device for a while. And it shows the same screen. Nothing changed about it when I typed in the oem unlock command.