Honor 5X, one of the successful device of the Chinese smartphone giant is not eligible to get Android Nougat update. Huawei has already shared the list of eligible Huawei/Honor phones to get Nougat-based EMUI 5.0 update, and there is no name of Honor 5X in the list. But there is always an option called “Custom ROM” for devices no-longer receiving further Android upgrades. All credits goes to Huawei developers for their continuous efforts.
In this post, we have Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM for Honor 5X which brings complete Android 7.1 Nougat features. Various reports about the Lineage OS 14.1 claims that it a stable ROM used as a daily driver. The Nougat-based ROM surely brings great performance improvement, a better battery life, and much more. So, if you have made a mind to make your device most of it, then do first check the below prerequisites and then we’ll directly take you to step by step guide on how to install Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Honor 5X.
- The below firmware can only be flashed on Honor 5X. Don’t try to install on any other Huawei or Android phone otherwise it be result in a brick.
- Make sure Honor 5X has root access and TWRP recovery installed.
- The update process will delete all your important data. So, it is advisable to backup everything before starting the procedure.
- Enable USB Debugging on your mobile.
- The Charging level on your phone should be more than 70%. If not, plug-in the charger.
- Unlock Bootloader
Disclaimer: Rooting Honor 5X and installing custom ROMs voids company warranty. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device. Always, proceed at your own risk.
How to Update Honor 5X to Android 7.1 Nougat via Lineage 14.1 ROM
2. Switch off your Honor 5X smartphone and boot into TWRP Recovery mode. You need to press and hold Volume Up and Power key together to boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
3. Now you need to perform hard reset of your device. Tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options. Confirm the flash.
4. Again from the recovery main menu, tap on “Install” and choose the Lineage OS ROM from the device storage. Swipe to the left to start the installation process.
5. Similarly install GApps package on your Honor 5X.
6. Once done, reboot your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on your Huawei 5X smartphone. If you’ve any queries regarding the above procedure, do leave a comment below.