Honor Band 5, the successor of Honor Band 4 announced at the Honor 9X event in China in August this year. With its affordable price and features, the Honor Band 5 is one of the most important competitors of the Xiaomi Mi Band 4. If you’ve purchased the Band 5 wearable and looking to software update, then you’re at the right place. Here we have a step-by-step guide to download and install the latest firmware on Honor Band 5.
Honor Band 5 Specifications, Features
The Honor Band 5 sports a 0.95-inch AMOLED color display with 282ppi pixel density and 2.5D curved glass protection. It has a 120 x 240 pixels screen resolution and can display text messages from SMS, WeChat, and QQ.
As mentioned, it comes with a blood oxygen level sensor that measures your blood SpO2 levels. This feature will be much handy for users who make adventurous types (if you climb to high altitudes) or those suffering from certain conditions (e.g. hypoxia). Like its predecessor Honor Band 4, it also comes with PPG heart rate sensor for continuous Heart rate tracking. It measures 43 x 17.2 x 11.5mm; weighs 22.7g and is powered by a 100mAh battery which provides 14 days of usage time and 20 days while standby.
- How to use Honor Band 5 as a camera remote for your phone
- How to enable Remote Music Control feature on Honor Band 5
How to Software update on Honor Band 5
1. Firstly, you need to pair Honor Band 5 with your smartphone using Bluetooth connectivity.
2. Open the Huawei Health app.
3. Select the Honor Band 5 from the list of paired devices.
4. Choose Settings > Firmware Update.
5. Huawei Health app will start searching for the latest firmware available for your device. If available, it will automatically download and install it on your Band 5.
6. Once done, tap on “Finish”.
7. That’s it! Honor Band 5 reboots to the latest software.
I hope the above steps were useful in a software update on Honor Band 5. For more tips and tutorials for your Honor Band, do check out our WEARABLES section.