Huawei phones powered with self-developed Kirin chipsets provide the ability to customize after unlocking the bootloader. One can gain root access, while the doors of flashing custom ROMs, TWRP, and more also open soon after unlocking the bootloader. While performing any of the said customizations, things might go in the opposite direction and you may be ending up with a bricked smartphone. In this post, we have a guide to unbrick Huawei phones using the Huawei Flash Tool IDT 184.108.40.206.
Unlike the Qualcomm powered smartphones, there is no EDL mode for the Huawei devices. Thus, users with a Huawei phone need to adopt the Test Point method. The understanding of the test point android smartphone and its function in the field of repairing the phone is used to repair the damaged android phone in the ic flash section.
Without much ado, check out the below pre-requisites, and then we’ll directly take you to the guide on how to download Huawei Flash Tool IDT 2.0 and recover your bricked Huawei device.
- The following tutorial to unbrick the Huawei (Honor) phone works with most of the Huawei devices. The compatible models are Honor 9X, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, Honor V20, Huawei P40 Pro Plus, P40 Pro, Huawei Nova 6, Nova 5, Enjoy 20 Pro, and many others.
- Ensure there is enough battery level on your device. Since the phone is bricked you may not able to check the current level. We recommend putting your device on charging mode for at least 1 hour before starting the flashing process.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC. This makes sure the device establishes a connection with your PC.
- Download & install the Huawei Flash Tool IDT 2.0 from the below provided links on your PC. IDT is a free flashing tool by HiSilicon to flash XML image files onto Kirin-powered Huawei devices.
- Backup your Huawei device if possible: You may not find any ways to backup a bricked device. However, if you find any do create a backup of all your important data as the method erases everything from your device.
Download Huawei Flash Tools IDT 220.127.116.11
How to unbrick Huawei phone using Huawei Flash Tools IDT 18.104.22.168
1. Firstly, you need to download and extract the Huawei Flash Tool IDT 2.0 on your PC.
2. Go to the extracted folder and locate the IDT file. Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
3. This will open the IDT 2.0 software. Click on the Tools icons located at the center of the menu bar.
4. Next, you will see the Download Settings dialog box. Here you need to click on Browse located just beside the Image XML File.
5. Navigate to the XML firmware file which you have downloaded and saved to your PC.
6. Click Open.
7. Connect your Huawei mobile with a PC.
8. Now, Short Pinout it for the Test Point method. This ensures that your device is successfully identified by the IDT software.
9. Go to USB Port settings and choose the correct COM port to which your device is currently connected.
10. In case, the IDT tool doesn’t recognizes your device then try switching to any other port and then change the COM port accordingly.
11. Finally, hit the big green button located at the top menu to start the flashing process.
12. Once done with the flashing process, you will see the notification on the screen.
13. Disconnect your Huawei phone with a PC.
14. That’s it! You’re all set to use the Huawei smartphone which is successfully unbricked.
I hope the above tutorial to unbrick a Huawei phone using the IDT 2.0 tool is useful. In case, if you find any difficulty while using the IDT tool, make sure to leave a comment below. We will get back with the most possible solutions.