Huawei already confirmed EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Honor 5C. There is no exact timeframe when the update will hit the Honor 5C devices. For all those users who can’t wait for the update, here we have Huawei P9 Lite ported EMUI 5.0 ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. Apart from improved performance, the ROM also brings all the EMUI 5.0 features. Simply install TWRP recovery and then start following the below steps to install EMUI 5.0 Nougat on your Honor 5C device.
To remind you, Honor 5C is the mid-range smartphone from the Chinese smartphone giant announced last year. It features 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display, is powered by a 1.7GHz octa-core Hisilicon Kirin 650 processor, and has 13-megapixels rear camera alongside the 8-megapixels front camera. It has 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage (expandable up to 256GB), and 3000-mAh non-removable battery support.
- All EMUI 5.0 features.
- Optional app drawer provides.
- Improved Performance.
- Efficient memory and storage management.
- Enhanced Security and Privacy.
- And Much More.
- First take backup of all your data & current ROM.
- Make sure TWRP custom Recovery is installed on your smartphone.
- The charging level on your device should be more than 70% before starting the flashing process.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer options from Main Settings.
- Bootloader should be unlocked. (complete guide)
Disclaimer: Flashing of ported or any other custom ROM on Honor 5c voids company warranty. Users may also brick their device if doesn’t followed the steps accordingly.
How to Install Huawei P9 Lite Ported EMUI 5.0 Nougat for Honor 5C
1. Download the above ROM .zip files and save on your device storage.
2. Turn off your smartphone and boot into TWRP Recovery Mode by pressing & holding Volume Down + Power Key at the same time.
3. From recovery main menu, flash “update.zip” B336 .zip file.
4. Similarly, you need to flash “update_data_full_VNS-L31_hw_eu.zip”.
5. That’s it! You have successfully updated your Honor 5C to Android 7.0 Nougat EMUI 5.0 firmware. If you find any difficulty during the flashing process, do let us know in the below comments.
Source – XDA Forum