Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has released a new software update for its latest Honor 8X [JSN-L21 / JSN-L22]. This Android 8.1 Oreo based EMUI 8.2 update brings the December 2018 Security Patch update alongside the bugs fixes and performance improvements. If you’re an Honor 8X user, then you will soon see update notification popping-up on your screen. If you wish to install it manually, then follow our guide to download and install December 2018 Security firmware update on your Honor 8X.
The update has been rolled out via OTA (over-the-air) to all the Honor 8X users across the globe. It is about 250MB in size and users can manually check from Settings > System > System Update > Check for Updates. In case the update is till unavailable, then you can checkout below procedure to manually download and flash on your device.
To remind you, Honor 8X is the company’s latest mid-range smartphone featuring a 6.5-inch Full HD+ display, powered by Kirin 710 SoC, and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo based EMUI 8.2 out-of-the-box. It comes with a 20MP rear camera with LED flash, a 2MP secondary camera, and a 16MP front facing camera. The device also offers 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128 of internal storage options. It is backed by a 3750mAh battery.
Latest Firmware Update Details:
Device: Honor 8X
Model No: [JSN-L21 / JSN-L22]
Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
EMUI Version: 8.2
Type: Full firmware image
Size : 1.7 GB
- Integrates Google security patches released in December 2018 for improved system security.
The following are pre-requisites required to update Honor 8X to latest firmware –
- This firmware update can be installed only on Honor 8X with variant [JSN-L21 / JSN-L22]. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei model.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to perform backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Follow our guide on How to Backup a Huawei device.
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off in between the update process.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download December 2018 Security Update for Honor 8X
How to Install December 2018 Security Firmware Update on Honor 8X [JSN-L21 / JSN-L22]
In case of you still not above to update your device to latest firmware, then do checkout this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide to download and install December 2018 Security Update on your Honor 8X. For any issues, do feel free to comment below.