Huawei’s Honor brand introduced the Honor 6X smartphone for the global markets earlier this year at the CES 2017. Earlier the device was announced exclusively for the Chinese market. Like all other Huawei smartphones, the Honor 6X also comes with a locked bootloader. So, the following is the simple and complete guide to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 6X.
A device with unlocked bootloader has several advantages. They can install any custom recovery which in-turns open gates to root your phone and install custom ROMs. These custom ROMs are fun and lets you make the device most of it. Also check Honor 6X EMUI 5.0 Android 7.0 Nougat update.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC. (Complete guide)
- Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging mode from Settings.
- Make sure you’re on EMUI 4.1.
- Charge your device at least 50% to avoid unnecessary power-off.
- Backup all the data as unlocking the bootloader will delete all your data.
Get your Unlock Code
The most important thing under the bootloader unlocking process is obtaining the Unlock Code. You can get the code directly from the Huawei’s official website. Do follow the below steps to get unlock code for your Honor 6X smartphone.
1. Go to Huawei’s unlock website.
2. Login to your account. If you don’t have an account, sign up now.
3. Go to Downloads and select Unlock Bootloader.
4. Here you’ll see a unlock form. Just fill the form with necessary information.
5. Click on “Commit”.
A unlock code will be created immediately. Just note down the code which will be useful in the following unlocking process.
How to Unlock Honor 6X Bootloader using ADB
1. Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC. Make sure the developer options and OEM are enabled.
2. Open the command prompt and give the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
Now your device automatically reboots into bootloader mode.
3. Give the following command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
4. You need to enter the unlock code which you’ve obtained from Huawei’s website at the place of [unlock code].
You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Huawei Honor 6X smartphone. The device resets to factory settings removing all your data.
Now you’re eligible to install TWRP Recovery and root your Honor 6X by following the guide HERE.