Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus users will be happy to hear that the company has started rolling out a new software update to the device. The update brings latest December 2018 Security Patch on top of regular bug fixes and performance improvements. The firmware is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we have a guide to download and install December 2018 Security update on Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus.
The new Android 8.0 Oreo based EMUI 8.0 update is about 250MB in size and is currently rolling out via OTA for users around the globe. As the update is pushed in a phase-wise manner, it might take couple of days or even a week to appear on each and every Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus device. However, users can manually check for updates from the path Settings > System > System Updates > Check for Updates.
Latest Firmware Update Details:
Device: Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus
Model No: FLA
Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
EMUI Version: 8.0
Type: Full firmware image
Size : 1.7 GB
- Integrates Google security patches released in December 2018 for improved system security.
The following are pre-requisites required to update Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus to latest firmware –
- This firmware update can be installed only on Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus with variant FLA. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei model.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to perform a backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Follow our guide on How to Backup a Huawei device.
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the update process.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download December 2018 Security Update for Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus
How to Install December 2018 Security Firmware Update on Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus
In case of you still not above to update your device to latest firmware, then do check out this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide to download and install December 2018 Security Update on your Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus. For any issues, do feel free to comment below.