Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 is the company’s first smartphone to feature a pop-up selfie camera. The smartphone runs on Android 9.1 Pie-based EMUI 9.1 skin out-of-the-box. Recently, the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 also made eligible to the Android 10-based EMUI 10 beta update. Now, it seems the company is done with the EMUI 10 beta program as the stable version is rolling out for Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 [STK-L21, STK-L22, STK-LX3].
Android 10 update for Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 bumps the firmware version to 10.0.0.159. It is about 3.49GB in size and being pushed in batches via OTA. Are you one of those Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 users and wanted to upgrade the device to EMUI 10? Then you’re at the perfect place. Here we have a detailed guide to download and install the stable EMUI 10 on Huawei Y9 Prime.
The latest Android 10-based EMUI 10 brings a new UI design with a magazine-style layout, an enhanced dark mode, Morandi UI color system, improved security, and more. It also brings a desktop mode similar to Samsung’s Dex as well as revamped icons, animations, and wallpapers. It also includes the November 2019 security patch.
How to update Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 to EMUI 10/Android 10
Before we take you to the upgrade process, do full-fill the following pre-requisites:
- Make sure the device is running on the latest EMUI 9.1 firmware. Users can manually check from Settings > System > Software update.
- Charge your device at least 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update process.
- There should be sufficient storage space to install the firmware.
- Download and install the HiSuite on your PC.
- Download and install the HiCare app on your device.
- To prevent data loss, make sure you’ve backed up everything. Read how to backup a Huawei phone.
Installation: There are three different ways to upgrade your Huawei phone to the latest Android 10 OS. You can tap the below button for all the three methods. Choose the one which is more convenient to you.
Still doesn’t receive the Android 10 update? Don’t worry. You’ll soon see an update notification on your device screen. Don’t forget to share your experience if you have already received the update.