After sharing TWRP Recovery installation guide, we’re back with another tutorial which helps you to unlock bootloader of Huawei P10. With unlocked bootloader, users have the option to tweak the system files which inturns lets you root your device and install custom ROMs. Without much ado, follow the below guide to unlock bootloader on Huawei P10 EMUI 5.1 smartphone.
- The below guide works only with Huawei P10. Don’t try on any other Huawei or Android smartphone.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- Make sure the Fastboot, ADB and USB Drivers are installed on your computer. You can also check our simple guide here to install these stuff on your PC.
- Perform backup of all your important data.
- Ensure the battery level on your Huawei P10 is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the unlocking process.
- Make sure you’re device is on EMUI 5.1.
Disclaimer: Unlocking Bootloader voids your company warranty. It’s you responsible for any damage occurs to your device. Continue at your own interest.
Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P10
To unlock bootloader of Huawei P10, first you need to obtain unlock code and then use ADB & Fastboot drivers. You can simply follow the below steps one after another to unlock Huawei P10 bootloader –
1. Go to Huawei’s unlock website and sign-in with your login credentials. If you still doesn’t have account, sign up now.
2. Go to Downloads and select Unlock Bootloader. Here you need to fill-up a simple form with all the necessary device information.
3. Submit the form to get unlock code. Note down the code as it will be useful in the below steps.
4. Now you need to connect the device with PC using a standard USB cable.
5. Open the command prompt and enter the following command –
adb reboot bootloader
Your phone will reboot into bootloader mode.
6. Finally enter the below command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
7. Make sure to enter the unlock code which you have obtain in step 3 at the place of [unlock code].
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked bootloader of Huawei P10. Now you can make the device most of it by flashing custom recovery, third-party custom ROMs, perform root and more.
You may also like –
- How to take screenshot on Huawei P10
- Huawei P10 – Download Beautiful Stock Wallpapers
- Huawei P10 vs Xiaomi Mi 5C vs Meizu Pro 6 Plus vs Vivo X9 Plus – Battle of flagship smartphones
I don’t live in those countries I live in Canada and have gotten nowhere win any site they all bring me to that same stupid site request unlock code…such bullshit
easy way to unlock bootloader is to like that https://hardreset24.com/instruction/how-to-get-password-for-unlocking-bootloader-in-huawei-p9-plus-only-by-imei