Here we will guide you on how to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Y7 Pro 2019. Although Huawei has officially stopped providing bootloader unlock codes for their devices, we’ll take help of third-party services to get the unlock code.
Every smartphone these days comes with lock bootloader. This bootloader protects hardware and its kernel from any outsource breach or attack. But, in case if you want to make the device most of it by installing custom ROM or rooting the device, you need to have unlocked the bootloader.
Earlier, Huawei used to provide bootloader unlock codes like every other Android OEM manufacturers. But, things changed quickly and now it has stopped providing official codes. But, there is no need to worry about as still, we have an unofficial way to unlock bootloader of Huawei Y7 Pro 2019. FunkyHuawei, an XDA member is offering an unofficial bootloader unlock codes for Huawei and Honor devices. Unfortunately, it is a paid service where interested users need to pay up to $55 to get the bootloader unlock code from their official website.
The following are some of the benefits of unlocking bootloader on Huawei Y7 Pro 2019 –
- Flash Custom ROM-based on the latest operating system
- Install third-party custom recovery like TWRP and CWM.
- Uninstall system/bloatware apps
- Rooting the device
- Install Stock Firmware
Without much ado, download the necessary files from below and we’ll directly take you to the step-by-step guide on how to unlock bootloader of Huawei Y7 Pro 2019.
- How to Flash Stock Firmware on any Huawei/Honor Smartphone
- How to Root Huawei / Honor Phones with Magisk
- How to Flash TWRP Recovery on any Huawei / Honor Device
Required PC Files:
These are the files required to unlock bootloader on Huawei Y7 Pro 2019. Make sure to download them and install on your PC.
- This bootloader unlocks procedure is compatible only with Huawei Y7 Pro 2019. Don’t try to perform on any other Huawei/Android device.
- Make sure the battery percentage on your mobile is more than 70% to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- Ensure all your important data are carefully backup. This will help to restore if any data loss occurs.
- You need a USB cable to establish a connection with pc.
Disclaimer: Unlocking bootloader voids company warranty. We, Huawei Advices should not be held responsible for any damage occurs to your mobile during or after the process. Continue at your own risk.
Guide to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Y7 Pro 2019
1. Firstly, enable the Developer Option on Huawei Y7 Pro 2019.
2. To enable the Developer Option, go to Settings > System > About Phone and tap on build number at least 7-8 times until you see a message ‘Developer option enabled’.
3. Go to Developer Option from Settings and here you need to enable OEM Unlock.
4. Next, you need to purchase bootloader unlock code from third-party services. Check this article about how to get unlock code [Cost $55].
5. After finding the code, save it somewhere safe.
6. Now you need to launch command window from ADB & Fastboot folder. To do this, you need to hold SHIFT key + Press right click on the mouse.
7. Turn off your device and boot into Fastboot mode [Volume Up + Power button]. Alternatively, users can enter the below command to boot into fastboot mode after connecting the device with PC using a USB cable.
adb reboot bootloader
8. To unlock bootloader on Huawei Y7 Pro 2019, give this command line.
Fastboot OEM unlock ******
Note: Make sure to replace the ****** with the unique unlock code you purchased from third-party services.
9. Once done, reboot your device.
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked bootloader of your Huawei Y7 Pro. Now you can install TWRP Recovery, Custom Kernel, Root or even install Custom ROM.
In case, if you find any issues or difficulty with the above procedure, make sure to leave a comment below. Also, share the post with your friends on Facebook and Twitter and let them unlock bootloader of their Huawei Y7 Pro to make the device most of it.